Current Nail Bits

0 Comments
Click on title for full post.

Being not so much of a nail junkie as to drown myself in Essie, O.P.I, Chanel nor Gucci nail polishes, I find myself rather drawn to more affordable ones like The Face Shop, Maybelline, and even ones found at our local accessories shop. It's not so much the quality as the colour for me. Just throw me ones with colours I find rather pleasant and I'd be contented. 

Ones I tend to opt for this season are dark red/burgandy/maroon colours and even black glittery ones as well. Just when everyone on the other side of the globe are getting out of dark colours and moving towards pastel bright springy colours, I go the other way round. This won't last of course, just give me a week or so and the darkness will "fade". Me and my words.

A drugstore nail polish I've been loving recently is Maybelline's Colour Show nail polish in the shade Crazy Berry 218. It claims to be chip-free and long lasting, though I highly doubt it. It started to chip off my nails on the 3rd day, even with a top coat from The Face Shop in number 04. One to credit Maybelline for is probably the consistency. One coat is extremely sheer and uneven, so I'd recommend two or three. The good thing though is that it dries fast, and I'm all for polishes that do. There are tonnes of colours to choose from this range, from glossy to pearly ones. A good recommendation for drugstore lovers. 


That's it for an update on my current nails obsession. Till next time!


You may also like

No comments: